Professional Diploma: Certified Digital Trainer
Developments in digital technologies over the past decades have produced profound changes in the structure, design, and delivery of teaching, training and learning. There is a need to enhance the existing skill sets of trainers to ensure their expertise in delivery of their expert content knowledge stay relevant. More and more learners entering workshops are competent in the use of technology and they expect their trainer to be on top of the technological realm. As such, trainers need to adapt to the rapid growth in emerging technologies and utilize online and smart learning to deal with the new digitally oriented learners. Trainers need to understand those technologies and their impact on learners and learning experiences, including: e-learning environment, instructional systems design, pedagogies, assessment tools, development and digitisation aspects, and contextual factors. To this end, the trainer Certificate in Smart Learning has been developed by the academy to assist trainers to acquire the latest techno-pedagogical skills and knowledge needed to ensure a successful and satisfying teaching and learning experience in an online/smart learning environment. The certificate is aimed at empowering trainers to design, develop, and deliver online training sessions which will eventually enable them to be the champions of online learning in their respective fields.
The Certified Digital Trainer program enables trainers to train in conventional face-to-face environment to be effective online trainers as well. trainers successfully completing this program will be awarded the “Certified Digital Trainer” certificate. The certificate is composed of four modules that covers the essential building blocks for effective online instruction. The first module covers fundamentals of online teaching including challenges to both learners and trainers as well as the required skills to overcome these challenges. This will be followed by exploration of the current educational technologies and the international standards that guide content development. The third and fourth modules will help Trainers to design and develop their courses/workshop using appropriate learning designs and pedagogies for online training.
Upon completion of this certificate, participants will be able to:
1. Address the challenges facing trainers and learners in transitioning to online training & learning.
2. Comprehend the importance of using current technologies for online delivery.
3. Analyse online learning needs and context to develop appropriate learning designs.
4. Design effective synchronous and asynchronous online sessions
5. Develop and deliver effective synchronous and asynchronous online sessions.
The certificate is composed of the following modules:
Module 1: Introduction to Smart/Online Learning
• Definition of Online Learning
• Benefits and Challenges of Online Learning
• Institutional and Trainer Readiness
• New trainer Role in Online Learning Environment
• Smart Learning/ Online Learning Delivery Models
• Ethical Issues Related to Online Learning
Module 2: Technologies for online learning
• Online Learning Technologies Landscape
• Learning Platforms
• Synchronous and Asynchronous Tools
• Tools for Creating Learning Resources
• Online Learning Standards
• Emerging Technologies and Online Learning
Module 3: Learning Design for Online Learning
• Introduction to Online Learning Design
• Principles of Online Learning
• Five Components of Online Learning Design: ACES-T
• Audience Analysis
• Content Design
• Environment Analysis
• Strategy: Learning and Assessment Strategy
• Technology : Iterative and Intuitive Application
Module 4: Development and Delivery of Online learning
• Development and Delivery of Asynchronous Sessions
• Development and Delivery of Synchronous Sessions
0.00 average based on 0 ratings
More Courses You Might Like
Take a strategic approach to PR and prepare to lead at board level. More information on the new CIPR Professional PR Diploma can be found in the syllabus. Gain an advanced understanding of professional practice, including PR strategy and planning, content management, media and engagement, measurement and evaluation, and PR leadership. All underpinned by reference to ethics
The CIPR Specialist Diploma (Digital Communications) is designed for both generalist professionals who wish to enhance their knowledge of the discipline and for those looking to follow a career in digital communications. The syllabus is taught and assessed at the same level as a postgraduate degree. WHAT DO I LEARN AND HOW IS IT ASSESSED? The Specialist
With the increasing stressors resulted from the complexity, uncertainty, and pressures of current work environments, awareness of the needs to enhance happiness and wellbeing at work has been increased. This awareness led to the spread of solutions and initiatives to enhance happiness at different levels worldwide. In recent years, Happiness gained special attention from the