In this program, you will be introduced to Blockchain technology and its applications. It begins with explaining Blockchain’s underlying cryptographic techniques before defining what Blockchain is, how it works as an immutable ledger of transactions, and why it is said to be tamper-proof. You will learn about the consensus mechanism used in blockchains, smart contracts, and a variety of applications. You will be exposed to several misconceptions relating to cryptocurrencies and the blockchain ecosystem as a whole. The diploma will focus on smart contracts and cryptocurrencies to illustrate the value that this technology can add to your business. Ethereum is the blockchain of choice for this course to practice and implement a number of important tasks in blockchain and smart contracts. You will learn about how Ethereum works and how it differs from Bitcoin and other blockchains.
You will also learn about smart contracts and how to create and deploy them on the Ethereum blockchain. Lastly, you will learn about cryptocurrency mining. The diploma will finish with investigating strategies and plans for the adoption of blockchains in government and businesses using both public and private blockchains. To successfully complete this Diploma course and become a Graduate, you need to achieve 80% or higher in each unit assessment. Once you have completed this course, you have the option to acquire an official Diploma, which is a great way to share your achievement with the world.
By the end of this diploma learner will be able to:
- Explain the concepts of cryptography that underpin blockchain
- Explain what blockchain is, its benefits, and security features
- Describe the various consensus mechanisms
- Summarise blockchain applications to real-world problems
- Outline the methods of mining cryptocurrencies
- List the processes involved in executing blockchain transactions
- Trace the improvements in second and third-generation blockchain
- Explain the working principles of the Ethereum network
- Summarise the processes involved in creating and deploying smart contracts
- Identify strategies and plans for blockchain adoption and implementation
- Execute practical blockchain and smart contract labs illustrations
Option 1, Management Route
- Write a report analyzing how your business or industry could benefit from the blockchain and smart contracts. You need to document the business requirements, required resources, and the limitations of the current processes. You are also required to design an adoption strategy, costs, and management.
Option 2, Technical Route
In this project, you are required to build a blockchain application using your preferred blockchain platform.
The projects to choose from are:
- Digital diploma issuance and verification using blockchains
- Asset tracking and exchange on blockchain
- Open project – must be approved by the instructor