As the business landscape becomes increasingly dynamic and new players enter the market, successful companies are tasked with building their capacity for agility, adaptability, and speed in order to maintain competitive
advantage. Business leaders globally are responding by transitioning from a hierarchical organisational structure to more flexible, team-centric models that foster collaboration, information sharing, and empowerment.
We call this the responsive organisation.
With this shift, companies have realised improved productivity, better employee engagement, and increased revenues. In this leadership training program, you will explore
the current evolution of organisational design from traditional, command-and-control models to a system of empowered networks—and learn about the opportunities to increase your business performance by introducing
principles of responsive organising in your teams and organisation.
Through interactive lectures and engaging group exercises, you will cultivate essential collaborative leadership competencies, and gain the
conceptual framework, vision, and tools you need to effectively incorporate these principles.
- Develop a new, collaborative leadership style
- Gain critical insights about broad macro-level shifts in organisational design from traditional, command-and-control organisational structure towards a team-centric structure organised for autonomy, agility, and
- Acquire a reliable framework to introduce principles of responsive organising at a pace suited to your organisation’s capabilities
- Learn how to build in individual and team accountability with effective performance management tools
- Create a desirable work culture that attracts and retains high-performing talent, empowers employees, and values entrepreneurship
- Harness the power of leading, self-management models to maximally utilise employee skills, increase productivity, and capture new organisational value
- Earn a Certificate of Participation from Manchester Innovation & Technology Academy
- What are the new models of responsive organising?
- Types of organisational structure
- Functions and dysfunctions of traditional hierarchical organisations
- Alternative models to hierarchy (including organic forms, cross functional teams, holacracy, collaborative leadership development)
- Benefits and challenges responsive organising
- Preparing to lead empowered teams
- Assumptions of how traditional managerial hierarchy “works”
- Shifting from boss to coach
- Tactics and tools for empowering staff while maintaining accountability
- Tapping into collective intelligence
- Conventional barriers to collaboration and collective intelligence and the problems with traditional (hierarchical) group dynamics
- How to design and facilitate more collaborative and effective meetings
- Tools for effective group decision-making
- Managing the shift to responsive organising
- Barriers and resistance to self-management in yourself and others
- From passion to purpose—presenting the business benefits of self-managed models to gain stakeholder buy in
WHO SHOULD ENROL
This program is designed for both organisational leaders and managers across all industries and functional areas charged with managing teams or business units who are looking to build collaborative leadership competencies;
gain a framework for implementing self-managed teams; or to innovatively enact a new organisational structure prepared for changing market forces.
This program is also designed to help HR professionals, internal
consultants, and others involved with organisational design and implementation.