This module introduces the learners to psychological and spiritual conceptions of happiness. They will be aware of the limitations in defining and measuring happiness. But, at the same time, they will see the practical usefulness of several definitions and measurement methods.
The module also focuses on how individuals experience happiness and positivity. It includes discussion of the factors affecting happiness and positivity with a special attention to emotional intelligence.
Learning Outcomes and Assessment Criteria:
1. Ability to describe the different conceptions of happiness
2. Ability to use reliable methods to measure happiness
3. Ability to explain work stressors and how employees can overcome them
4. Ability to explain the aspects of emotional intelligence
5. Ability to reflect on own emotional intelligence and improve it
- What is Happiness?
- Spiritual and Psychological Conceptions of Happiness
- Happiness Measurement
- Individual Happiness at Work
- Dealing with Work Stressors
- Work-Life Balance
- Happiness and Emotional Intelligence
- Measurement of Emotional Intelligence
- Positive Attitude