This module covers new technological changes that are related specifically to HRM and affect its practices like: the use of social media, big data analysis, screening technologies, and the increased complexity of global labour markets.
The module also highlights the importance the electronic (virtual) sphere in affecting the organizational culture and identity, especially communication activities in social media.
Learning Outcomes and Assessment Criteria:
1. Ability to discuss examples of threats and opportunities created by new technologies for HRM practices
2. Ability to explain two new technologies that are used now, or can be used in future, in HRM practices
3. Ability to discuss the technical competencies that are needed by HRM professionals to cope with new HRM technologies
4. Ability to plan own development to develop the technical competencies defined in the previous assessment criteria
- HR Databases Security
- Managing Virtual Teams
- E-Learning and Staff Development
- Organizational Culture and the Electronic Sphere
- Organizational Identity and the Electronic Sphere
- Big Data Applications in HRM
- Artificial Intelligence Applications in HRM
- New Technical Competencies